Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm off to China

Tomorrow evening I leave for Beijing. I will be in China for 17 days.


I will be working in the MeHoo booth. MeHoo imports American tools into China. Chinese manufacturers want to improve their quality, and one way is to use better tools.

I will also be prowling the show looking for new products for LittleMachineShop.com.

On this trip I will fly Korean Air, with a stop in Seoul. I've never been to South Korea before, but I'm not sure a 4 hour stopover counts as a "visit".

3 comments:

CalBear1993 said...

Welcome to the 21st century, LMS! We'll look forward to reading about your adventures. And if you see any good Dooney & Bourke or Kate Spade bags, I could use one or six. Or a Cannon 40D. ;-)

Anonymous said...

fmnsfxaEnjoy the Tsingtao, Chris.

A bit of history;

The brewery was founded by the Germans, who established a colony in China after the Boxer Rebellion. During WWI, their cruser fleet was routed from Tsingtao, inclding the famous Emden.

After WWI, Tsingtao, as well as Tanga (now Tanzania) was ceded to the British. The British sold warships to Japan and used them to invade and take over Tanga. Little is known that the British enabled Japan with the technology to expand into Asia and stary WWII in Asia.

Anonymous said...

Chris,

If you're visiting the SIEG factory, can you check out the C0 and C1 lathes.

Harbor Freight is now selling the C0 Micro Lathe, and Shop Fox is selling the C1.